Our Confined Spaces training covers any space in a vessel, chamber, tank, silo, pit or similarly sided space that is partially or fully enclosed and can hold a risk of serious injury or death.
Risks include explosions, fire, gas/vapour release, lack of oxygen, increased body temperature, underwater or free flowing solids that can cause asphyxiation.
Individuals who are involved in supervising, planning or execution of work resulting in entry to confined spaces are recommended to take this Confined Spaces Training Course.
Our Confined Spaces Training Course consists of both theory and practical instruction including:
- Codes of Practice
- Confined space entry procedures
- Confined Space Regulations
- Escape sets, inspections and use
- Fire prevention
- Gas detection equipment – inspection and use
- Hazards and Risks
- Health and Safety at Work Act (HASAWA)
- Inspection and use of access equipment
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER)
- Other current legislation
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) use, storage and hygiene
- Provision and Safe Use of Work Equipment (PUWER)
To gain the end certificate of completion, you must sit a short theory and practical test.
Delegates are required to provide appropriate PPE for this course, including:
- Hard hat
- High visibility vest
- Safety gloves
- Steel capped boot