Our IPAF Training Course is designed for individuals who will be using, supervising or managing the use of MEWPS (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms) or individuals who are required to inspect or use appropriate lanyards and similar safety harnesses.
The IPAF Certificate is required for individuals who need to learn the theory and practical elements of using restraint equipment.
IPAF is the industry recognised authority for powered access equipment in the UK. Along with MEWPS, this covers scissor lifts, cherry pickers and high access platforms.
Our IPAF Training Course consists of both theory and practical elements that cover:
- Anchor points and connectors
- Care, storage and maintenance of equipment
- CE marketings
- Correct fitting of harnesses
- Health and safety at work legislation and regulations
- Identifying all types of arrest and restraint equipment
- Inspection of harness per each individual
- Manufacturers instruction manual MIM and associated paperwork
- Rescue provision
- Selecting fall arrest and restraint equipment
- Shock absorbing lanyards and fall arrest blocks
Individuals looking to take part in this training course are required to bring suitable PPE with them including:
- Safety harness
- Hard hat
- Steel capped boots
- High vis vest
- Safety gloves